Thursday, May 21, 2009

Terry's Hospital Visit

Tuesday, May 21, Terry went in for her repair surgery. She had a gastric bypass in Nov. that went wrong and has had an open belly wound since then. She has been waiting for that wound to heal and in the meantime developed a fistula and an abdominal hernia in the wound which has required surgery. Finally, the wound healed and she went in for the repair. Of course, she was petrified that she might not make it through the surgery. She was in a coma for 21 days with the first one and in ICU for a month and a half making her hospital stay a few days short of 3 months. I'm happy to say, so far, so good. The doctor said her surgery went well, although it was a mess to clean up. It took around 5 hours. She was in recovery for 7 hours while they tried to get her BP and heart rate up. She now is recouperating at Baylor Hospital and is expected to be there a week. We are hoping that she might be able to get rid of the feeding tube she has had since the last surgery before she leaves the hospital. Alll this to get skinny. I think I'll just stay the way I am.

I just sent a box off to Dallas with a gift for Terry and a dog quilt I made the 3 dogs Charlie, Bitsy, and Ryan. WHAT? A quilt for the dogs? I couldn't resist the fabric and I love them soooooo. Whatcha gonna do when ya don't have any kids? Ya spoil the animals. It's really a surprise but since Terry is in the hospital, she won't be opening this blog up before she opens the gift. I also sent Bitsy, the rat terrier, and only girl a "wubba toy" and a dress. It's pretty darn cute. Can't wait to see her in it. You might notice, I quilted the dog's names around the border.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you; I'll stay away from the gastric bypass surgery. I've heard of people who have had it where everything went well. Then I hear stories similar to Terry's. I hope all continues to go well for her!

The dog quilts are cute. My, aren't you talented!