Sunday, May 10, 2009

Michael's Birthday

Yesterday was Michael's birthday. This is the day he can do anything he wants. Does that mean I don't let him do anything he wants the rest of the year? I don't think so! But I did ask him if he wanted me to fix him breakfast before I left for a morning of shopping. He passed. He had already snacked on some leftovers in the refrigerator. I left for a few hours to see a couple of shops in town and found the cutest gift for my baby girl niece, Bitsy, a rat terrier. For some reason she's getting most of the presents in this next shipment to Texas. I'd mention it, but my sister reads this blog. When I returned home, Michael had the new grill unpacked...really unpacked, in the garage-the box, styrofoam, plastic bags, and parts. In the office, which is right inside the garage door, more plastic bags, pieces of styrofoam, parts and the rotiesserre box. I followed the trail upstairs to the living room and I could hear a loud radio and talking to the cat. Michael is sitting in a patio chair with most of the grill put together. I was amazed. He was not a happy camper. He said he had been working on it since I left which was two hours earlier. I guess there were about 7,362 parts to this grill and I think that's a low estimate. I tried to help with getting the rest of it put together by finding the rest of the parts in the garage and office and bringing them to him. I had to come inside because the wind was so gusty yesterday it nearly blew me and the grill off the deck. He finished everything but hooking up the propane tank. We still have to oil the grates and wipe down the stainless steel with a solution that keeps it from discoloring. We were so tired after all that, neither one of us felt like going out to dinner or cooking so we did the drive thru, hurried home and watched the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Washington Capitals in overtime 4-3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the comment you left on my blog post about Bob's surprise birthday party. Yes, what a coincidence that your husband's birthday is so near my husband's birthday. Was it a milestone birthday for Michael?

I never realized that a grill could have so many parts! I'm happy that you managed to get it together.

You mentioned how windy it was yesterday. My latest blog, about a springtime picnic, talks about the windy weather too LOL.