Sunday, May 17, 2009

Quiet around here!

Every year around this time, Michael goes on his weekend fishing trip with friends he's known for many years. Jim, Chuck, and Rich from Ohio, Stan from Tennessee, Frank from Virginia all meet up with him near a little town Southeast of Warren called Emporium. A couple of times they have met up in Marienville, also south of Warren. They love the creeks or "cricks" as they call em up here. (Sorry, but I taught phonics so long, I don't understand that pronunciation.) I know, where does, "ya'll" and "fixin-to" come from? Anyway, I have had two quiet days to do nothing if I so please. Yesterday, I decided this weekend would be a good time for me to fix food that I like and that I usually don't fix for the man. He has an allergy to tomatoes so I'm not able to use those in soups or salads. I made a vegetable soup with stewed and whole tomatoes and then made stuffed green peppers with tomatoes. He doesn't care for green peppers either. Why did I fix soup on a day when the humidity was high and the temperature went to the mid 70's? Well, guess what. It was 40 this morning and the high will be in the 50's so I'm having soup, WITH TOMATOES, for lunch!

Oh, and one more thing about food. I mentioned earlier that we had a new grill. Here are the comparison shots.
OLD GRILL


NEW GRILL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice grill!
Isn't the weather kooky? You'd think it was fall, rather than spring. Frost warnings are out for early tomorrow morning.