Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Latest

Just incidental news.
Yesterday was errand day. I took TC to the vet for his glucose check. His sugar was in the normal range so he is to continue on 7 units twice a day. We go back in 4 to 6 wks. That's fine with both of us. He was very stressed yesterday and even though we do this a lot, he never gets used to it. He did the usual breakfast expulsion in the crate. After taking TC home, I made a trip by the post office and on the way home stopped by the swan's nest. NO ONE WAS HOME! Everyone was gone. I didn't have time to go look for mom and any babies but I'm sure they are all safe and enjoying a relaxed life on the Allegheny.

Also did the grocery store routine. I had to get taco stuff to celebrate Cinco de Mayo a day late. Last year we went to Bradford to the only "real" Mexican restaurant within 1400 miles. It was so crowded, we waited an hour without getting served and decided to leave. That's when we determined if we are to celebrate any more holidays at restaurants, we will celebrate a day early or a day later or better yet, at home! Our restaurant in Bradford and the sister restaurant in Lakewood, N.Y. were both raided by the INS. The one is Bradford is now closed and the one in Lakewood has a changed name. Actually, Michael seems to think it was good food. I am spoiled by the "Tex-Mex" menus from home (Texas). I don't care for white cheese on my tacos and enchiladas. That is Mexico Mexican food. NOT THE SAME. I'm perfectly happy at Taco Bell for now. I'm just waiting for some good ole boy Texican to get up here and open a decent Mexican restaurant. We even had a Mexican restaurant in Warren. Their problem was they had hamburgers and peanut butter sandwiches on the menu. ???????? What's with that???? Wonder why they aren't open anymore???????? My point, I guess, is that you have to come to Val's house to get a good Tex-Mex meal these days. I even serve beans and rice (ok, out of a can and a bag).

Today, I'm off to make myself look younger. Gotta get the hair colored and deshag my eyebrows. Tonight, we might go look for a new grill. I'd put in here more about my other doings this week, but seeing how it relates to Michael's birthday, Mother's Day and an anniversary coming up in a month, I'll save it for later. Off to the shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the "making myself look younger" routine almost a week ago. The gray covered and a nice haircut goes a long way towards improving one's self esteem :-)

We've eaten at the Mexican restaurant in Jamestown; never tried the one in Bradford. OH, there is a good mexican restaurant near Cleveland, OH. The name of the restaurant translates into "Three Horses". If you are ever in the Cleveland area, ask me for the name of the restaurant.