Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Blooms

I have plans to post our weekly blooms. I better hurry up and post last weeks. Crocus, Daffodil, and Forsythia (sp?). Here it is Tuesday and I will post this week's blooms later on in the week. It seems something is blooming every week right up until Fall. Still brown in our yard although I have seen about two inches of stems from my Daylilies. The red squirrel keeps sitting in the bowl that St. Francis holds eating all the sunflower seeds. I saw him try to jump from the birdbath to the birdfeeder in the yard earlier. He missed and landed on a bush under the feeder. He leaves the scraps on the ground for the Junco (our snowbirds). No one's told them it's time to fly North. Guess that means we might have another snowfall. I saw a male cardinal taking a bath in the pooled water of our tarp that is covering our hottub. And so what's wrong with the birdbath in the yard? Oh, sorry, I forgot I emptied out the water (and poop) yesterday thinking the rain would have been here by now. Still no baby groundhogs and only one calf at the farm next door. And the swan? She's still sitting on her nest.

No comments: