Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beaver Town

What can I say about this? Well let me tell you, this girl born and raised in the concrete jungle of Dallas, Tx. never saw nature like I see nature now. I take every opportunity I can to stop and admire wildlife around me. I taught it for 30 years from a book but never got to actually see the real thing up close and personal. As we drove into Wellsville for the trout derby I noticed these trees off the exit ramp of I86 in N.Y. It wasn't until the next day that we were able to stop and check out all the work these little guys did to these trees. The beavers had a lodge in the back behind a chain link fence and then 3 different levels of water caused by two different log dams. Amazing







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we passed by this same "beaver town" when we went to Ellicottville, NY last weekend. We didn't stop, and I forgot to look for it on our way back home. The beavers have a second "town", if it wasn't the same place :-)