Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring?




Last Sunday, Michael and I went for a drive. Michael is ready to float the Clarion river. He would like to do a two day trip which means spending the night somewhere, tent, fire no T.P. Fun stuff. He has been talking to his friend Stan about joining him as well as Stan's son. Michael would go right now if it wasn't so cold. But our mission Sunday was to find a launching site where he could put in the canoe. That's where Val comes in. I'm the drop off and pick up "man".

We snapped a few pictures of the landscape. Snow/ice is plentiful at home but it seemed to be diminishing where we were. "Lead season" is what Michael calls it. Also, found a group of wild turkeys picking up seed under a birdfeeder around someone's camp.

The high temperatures have been in the upper teens earlier this week. Just yesterday, we had a high of 24. Is Spring near? I'm almost certain. It's 50 now and guess who I saw outside a few minutes ago...my first groundhog of the season. Not much to eat though. Everything is pretty much brown. Still I think I might have to go look for my garden gloves even if I do have to remove some snow from the planters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw my first robin today ... a sure sign that Spring is just 'round the corner.